Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Go Ahead & Charge Right Into Hell, Dick!



There's a total Dick out here in Leesburg, stabbing people because they have a different skin color than him. I've known creeps like this who think they're doing good work in the world. In fact, I almost became one of them way back in highschool. But for me it had nothing to do with skin color. I had a much broader group in mind as my target.

From time to time I'm reminded of that part of myself that never completely died out. When I hear about someone acting out their murderous impulses it tends to make me want to do them in out of pure hatred for their stupidity. But that kind of thinking is wrong. It's the exact same kind of thinking that motivates these moron bigots to stab people.

At the same time it's not entirely correct to peace out and love everybody and everything, and anything goes... that kind of thinking will get us all killed. It's important to look darkness in the face and meet it in a balanced stance. Reserve an equal amount of love and hatred for the world around you and within you. In my experience this attitude has saved me from harm on more than a few occasions.

Oh, one more thing. About the title of this post... I don't believe in any Christian Hell. I just think that we can make our own Hell in this life if we really want to. And this guy really wants to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers